The BSA has adopted policies for the safety and well-being of its members. These policies primarily protects youth members; however, they also serve to protect adult leaders. Parents and youth using these safeguards outside of scouting program further increase the saftey of their youth. Scout leaders in positions of youth leadership and supervision outside the Scouting program will find these policies help protect youth in those situations as well.
To take your Youth Protection Training
- Create a new account on myscounting.org
- Click “Create Account” Button and follow instructions
- You will receive your Member ID # will be issued after your BSA application is processed. You can updated your account with your Member ID # when you receive it.
- When done go to your ‘home’ page and locate the Youth Protection button in the upper right hand section of the page.
- Follow along through the training.
- A Youth Protection Training (YPT) certificate will be mailed to you within 24 hours of you completing the training
- When complete, e-mail your YTP certificate to the Pack Committee Chair.